Fairwater Primary School
Rules for Responsible Internet Use
At Fairwater Primary School we have installed computers and Internet access to help everyone’s learning. These rules will keep you safe and help us be fair to others.
- I will ask permission from a member of staff before using the Internet;
- I will not access other people's files or folders;
- I will use the computers only for school work and homework;
- I will not bring memory sticks and CD’s into school unless I have permission;
- I will not change the display settings on computers;
- I will only e-mail people I know, or my teacher has approved;
- The messages I send will be polite and sensible;
- I will not give my home address or phone number, or arrange to meet someone, unless my parent, carer or teacher has given permission;
- To help protect other pupils and myself, I will tell a teacher if I see anything I am unhappy with or I receive messages I do not like;
- I understand that the school may check my computer files and may monitor the Internet sites I visit.